Thursday, September 21, 2006

Tostadas and our friend Trevor

In today's post, you'll meet on of our bestest friends Trevor. He's fun and has a cool blog that you should all check out, visit it here. Just a snippet of how talented an artist he is, this is a drawing that he whipped up of our puppy (that is not in our possession as of yet, but we wants it!):
Onto last night, went climbing and afterwards Trevor came over for dinner... it was Tostadas night. Tostadas were introduced to me by a colleague from work, and Megan the Vegan revamped them by piling on lost of delicious toppings - blackbeans with jalapenos, cilantro, green onions, lettuce, tomatos, and avocado. The boys had regular cheese and I had some soy mozzarella with chilis thrown into it. As you can see they were a delight (oh and this is Trevor):

I usually put all the toppings out in little bowls so you can pile up as much of each item as you want; this was taken before the entire table was covered in toppings, after dinner it sort of looked as if we had flipped the bowls upside down and spilled their contents everywhere - for obvious reasons, I refrained from photographing that ;)

To round out the meal, some ice cream (though I think it's getting a bit cold for ice cream - to proove it, today as I rode to work I realized that it's officially gloves weather (at least in the mornings). This is Dave and his ice cream (a love that cannot be broken):

and that ladies and gentleman, was Wednesday night... and today I'm getting my haircut (woohoo!)

6 comments:

Trevor Deane-Freeman said...

What a cool guy that Trevor guy seems to be. I wish there were more qualility people like that out there!! I thought the other picture(you know of what I speak) would have been more appropriate for introductions.

Trevor Deane-Freeman said...

Hey, why don't you do a post about the Gallery crawl?

Trevor Deane-Freeman said...

P.S. I like posts about me.

Judy said...

Where do you get your hair cute? I'd love to see a picture!

urban vegan said...

Tostadas look muy delicioso.

What handsome muchachos you ate dinner with--and modest, too;)

The drawing of the Boston Terrier os so sweet and un-self conscious.

The Urban Granola said...

trevor - yeah, you're not so bad.

Judy - I get my hair cut by Kristjan at Civello in Toronto - I've been going to him for years, he's quite good.

Urban Vegan - my muchachos are indeed quite handsome and well-fed I might add! I love that little Boston, Dave and I are going to get one as soon as we have a lifestyle that is a little more stay-at-home.