Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hello and Welcome!

Hello!
Wow... my very own blog. I know, I'm the last one as everyone and their sister has one.. but somethings just take time.

First let me explain the whole urban granola thing. You see, I've always had a hard time answering the question "What's your style?" By style, I don't just mean what you wear or how you cut your hair, it's more than that. To me it's the values you hold and things that are important to you. Let's break it down "urban" i love cities! Their vibrant, alive, crazy, and chaotic all in one unit. Then "granola" i also love all of the outdoorsy, naturey, animaly things that this fine planet has to offer and that makes me a proud tree huggin' granola ... so what better way to than to be the urban granola, est voila! a blog is born.

This blog will be a collection of ramblings, rants and recipes from my life here in Toronto. First a few notes about me and what i do:
i work (blah.)
i live with shmeedle (my loverly boyfriend)
i ride by bike everywhere (it's not a looker, but oh boy does she go!)
i love to climb (wahoo!)
i love to run (but i've been in a bit of a rut for about a month)
i love to cook (i'm veggie and so are all of my recipes) and
i have a weakness for dogs.

now... you know about me... stop by and have a read...hopefully something will tickle your fancy.

this is the view from our balcony... the urban part.


bye for now.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah...like...welcome to blog land already. It's about time. Seems as if your blog is about all things Ewa...all of which I like. I look forward to more.

Anonymous said...

Lookee Lookee! I clicked a link on Megan's Blog and found Ewa!!

**wave**

Nice to see you in blogland.

And we had a bunny in our backyard here in Ottawa too! :)

The Urban Granola said...

hi dana!! you have indeed found me! i hope i can keep up with the two of you sister blogger fiends! say hi to the kiddies!

Crystal said...

I'm so jealous - I love Toronto and it looks like you live in the heart of it. How neat! We are half and half - we've lived in a major city and love the closeness of everything, but we've also lived in the suburbs and love the space we have. Sometimes I think we need two homes, but that would be such a waste :(

Welcome to the blog world!!!

-Crystal

The Urban Granola said...

Hi Crystal--
Thanks for stopping by. I love living in the city, but I grew up in the suburbs... I wouldn't trade the city now for anything! I do sometimes miss having space, but then I think about having to drive everywhere and make do with the small space we have.

KariDyan said...

i fell like I already know you, from Megan's Blog. :) Welcome to blogland

The Urban Granola said...

Hi Vegan Cyclist--
I'm really happy I had Megan's blog to expose me to the blogging world -- before I was blogging vicariously through her.

Trevor Deane-Freeman said...

Now when you say you have a weekness for dogs, is that of the bi pedial variety?

Trevor Deane-Freeman said...

oh, I can't believe I spelled,"weakness" wrong.

...who am I kidding, I spell most words wrong.