Monday, September 25, 2006

Busy weekend

What a busy, busy weekend. I didn't cook very much, so food wise this won't be the most exciting post.

We went to a very yummy brunch on Saturday (for details check out Megan's blog) it was very good and afterwards we definitely needed to burn some of it off so we hopped onto our bikes and did some grocery shopping. Not a super exciting day, but rounded off nicely with homemade pizzas and television at Trevor's. All in all a good day.

Sunday, we went to Guelph to visit an oldie but a goodie, my friend Brian. Had a good visit and went to the Cornerstone Cafe, which is a Veggie/Vegan restaurant with really good food. I ofrouse, brought the camera but left it in the backpack the whole time (too busy talking). But, at least you all have a reason to go to Guelph now - to check out the Cornerstone!

We ended up at my parents house for early Thanksgiving (we'll all be scattered around in 2 weeks, for actual Thanksgiving). Here is a photo of my mum, dave and i - I really like how goofily happy we all look:
Food was good - my Mum still hasn't mastered the art of not just giving side dishes as veggie mains, but I did have some nalesniki which are always good.

Here are some photos of the feline (Smirnoff) and canine (Blueberry). They permanently live with my parents, as our place is way to small, but we take them for some side visits every so often:
Blue is quite old, she turned 16 this year! We've had her in our family since she was just 8 weeks old - it's crazy to think, but I don't really remember life without Blue.
Smirnoff is a bit of a nut job. His mum was stolen when he was just a 3-day old kitten, so he was mostly raised by Blueberry (the dog). He has a lot of dog characteristics, in that he plays fetch with a ball, lets you rub his belly for hours, and his meow is short and choppy more like a dogs bark than a typical cats meow. He looks a bit evil here but in reality he probably wouldn't know how to hurt a mouse.
Oh, the one thing I did cook... some corn tortilla chips and salsa. Nothing too fancy, just cut up corn tortilla with salt, sugar, paprika, chili and garlic powder. They came out tasty, but mixed with the salsa really spicy (Dave and I were sweating like nobody's business)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

poor Smirnoff. I know he hatees that haircut! I didn't know he was raised by dogs? that's kinda like being 'raised by wolves' which makes him dangerous! Cool...that's one cool cat.