Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My name is Ewa, and I'm a delinquint blogger.

So, I haven't been very good about posting. The reasons are threefold:
1) I haven't been cooking very much,
2) I've haven't been home very much in the evenings, and
3) I'm really a little bit lazy about computer stuff.

That being said, the other night I tried my hand at making a pie and surprise of all surprises, it was good. I made the dough from Dave's Mum's recipe and it was really quite easy - next time I'll add a little more water as it was difficult to roll out (it kept cracking).

This is me admiring my pie: and this is the pie itself, an aside - I'm not quite sure how people get those nice pinched edges mine, despite my best efforts came out as smushed edges
On our last grocery shop, I discovered a new pasta "fagottini", they look like little parcels and were filled with pureed veggies. I bought them because of the great name, and thankfully they turned out really great. I made a tofu tomato sauce for them and they were the perfect meal after a hard nights climbing
Tonight we're going to take measurements of our new house, I'm so excited especially about the new kitchen we're going to have... eeeshk!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ewa - your pie looks so cute. I'm sure Dave loved it...just like his mommy used to make. Be sure to take your camera tonight and take pictures of the condo.

Anonymous said...

A house? Congrats! I knew it wouldn't take you guys long to find something.

Do tell more, home-owner.

Yay!

Alexia

Katherine said...

Ewa - nice pie! I just found your blog via Megan's.

What is the deal with the new house...are you and Dave moving??

P.s.

If you've reconsidered Boggle, don't worry...Chris and I will go easy on you guys...